The glass ceiling...

With the elections up close, I can't escape from news of Obama, Clinton, Edwards, Giuliani, Romney, Mc Cain, and the rest doing this, saying that and being the change America needs. I came across an interesting jargon in US Politics - the glass ceiling, and it's sad relevance in my case.

The explanation - the invisible boundary that separates top posts from certain people. In this context, it refers to the President's chair. A position that has been out of reach of the African American (or a minority) community and the fairer sex thus far - though it is supposed to be an open slot for anyone, with no discrimination.

Whether Obama or Clinton break the glass ceiling or not, I will definitely not be able to break the glass ceiling between me and the perfect 4! Sigh...

No comments: